We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Ketchup is a popular dressing for many dishes. Potatoes, pizza, pasta, soups, snacks and most main courses go well with this sauce. But store products are not always useful, contain harmful additives and, unfortunately, quite often come across completely tasteless. Unusual plum ketchup is also prepared at home.
Secrets of making plum ketchup
Homemade plum ketchup is not really someone's invention or a substitute for plum tomatoes. His homeland is Georgia. And there it is called tkemali! This is the most traditional spicy sauce. There is a recipe according to which it is usually prepared in Georgia. But each family has its own secrets. He underwent changes on the way to Russia, Ukraine and Belarus. Tomatoes, tomatoes, bell peppers and a variety of spices are put in it. But this recipe is based on two rules:
- The only suitable variety is tkemali (that's where the name comes from), it is a sweet and sour variety, in another way it is called "blue cherry plum".
- One small but very important ingredient is swamp mint. Its taste resembles the usual one, but there is a bitterness.
Ketchup goes well with many dishes. They are seasoned with potatoes, cereals, snacks, more often meat and fish.
Plum ketchup with tomato paste
Tomatoes are added to add a more familiar tomato flavor. But at the same time, the plums do not go anywhere, but make it more interesting.
Ingredients as per recipe:
- plums (sour varieties) - 2 kilograms;
- tomato paste - 400 grams;
- dill - 6 dry and 6 fresh branches;
- garlic - 100 grams (as much as possible, to taste);
- mustard and cilantro (seeds) - 1 small spoon;
- bay leaf - 2 pieces;
- peppercorns - 8 pieces;
- salt - 1 spoon;
- sugar - 1 spoon.
- Dill is spread along the bottom of the pan. Fruit on it.
- Fruits are cooked without adding water, as they let the juice in, stir. Time - 50 minutes.
- All are ground, the gruel is passed through a sieve.
- The mass is boiled for more, after boiling, wait 6 minutes.
- Garlic, pepper, fresh dill are chopped with a meat grinder.
- Put the tomato. Wait another 15 minutes after boiling.
- Add salt, bay leaf, mass twisted in a meat grinder.
- Cook for another 15 minutes.
Recipe for Plum Ketchup with Garlic and Herbs
And Georgians are used to cooking according to this recipe. Spicy herbs and garlic are used for it. It is difficult to find the tkemali variety, so they often take eel or another sour variety.
- eel - 1 kilogram;
- salt - a pinch;
- sugar - 25 grams;
- garlic - about 3-5 cloves, to taste;
- chili pod;
- fresh dill;
- swamp mint;
- a bunch of cilantro;
- dry coriander - 6 grams;
- dry fenugreek (suneli) - 6 grams.
How they cook:
- Whole fruits are poured with water and tormented. The skin should peel off, the pulp should be separated. Cook over low heat.
- Then they are wiped.
- The gruel is brought to a boil.
- Spices, salt, sugar are poured.
- The greens are crushed.
- Put chili and garlic.
Plum ketchup with spices
Seasonings add zest to any dish, saturate with taste. It is especially good to add them to sauces.
Ingredients for the recipe:
- plums - 4 kilograms;
- salt - 5 tablespoons;
- chili - 4 pieces;
- garlic - 4 heads;
- cilantro - to taste;
- coriander seeds;
- dill, basil to taste;
- walnuts - a handful.
- Seedless fruits are boiled and rubbed.
- Fall asleep all the ingredients, cook until thick.
Tomato ketchup and plums for the winter
Ketchup is prepared not only for immediate consumption, but also rolled up for the winter. It keeps well, and during infusion the taste becomes more interesting and rich. It is good for them to fill up the second courses in the cold season, when there is no way to do it at home.
- fruit - 5 kilograms;
- tomatoes - 1 kilogram;
- sweet pepper - 0.5 kilograms;
- garlic - 2 heads;
- chili - 2 pieces;
- sugar - 1.5 cups;
- salt - two tablespoons.
The cooking sequence for seaming for the winter does not differ from other recipes:
- Banks are sterilized.
- The fruit is peeled, separated from the bone, tomatoes and peppers are cut.
- Everything is passed through a meat grinder.
- Everyone languishes on low heat for half an hour. Then they cool.
- Grind through a fine sieve to obtain a uniform consistency.
- Cook for another three hours.
- Half an hour before the end of cooking, chopped garlic is thrown.
- If there is not enough acid, add vinegar.
- They pour everything into cans, roll them up. Leave in the cellar.
Sweet and sour plum and tomato ketchup
Sweet and sour sauces go well with meat. The sour variety is combined with sweetish tomatoes and results in a unique taste.
What you need for cooking:
- tomatoes - 2 kilograms;
- plums - 2 kilograms;
- onions - 5 pieces;
- chili - 1 piece;
- a glass of sugar;
- salt - 2 tablespoons, you can change the amount to taste;
- vinegar - 100 milliliters;
- celery - a bunch of leaf;
- basil - a bunch;
- parsley - a bunch;
- cloves - 1 teaspoon;
- ground cinnamon - 1 spoon;
- dry mustard - 1 spoon;
- ground pepper - 1 spoon.
- Tomatoes and plums are minced.
- Onions and celery are also chopped with a meat grinder.
- Cook all the ingredients until boiling, gently remove the foam.
- It is better to tie the greens in bunches to dip them in the sauce while cooking, and then remove.
- Chili is not chopped, just put in a dish.
- Other ingredients are added (do not touch vinegar).
- Wipe the mass until smooth.
- Cook for 20 minutes, only at the end pour in vinegar.
Plum and apple ketchup recipe
The apple sauce combines sweetness, a little bitterness and a bit of acidity.
- plums - half a kilogram;
- apples - half a kilogram;
- water - 50 milliliters;
- sugar - to taste, depending on the type of fruit;
- cinnamon - half a teaspoon;
- 5 carnation buds;
- ginger - 4 grams.
- Plums and apples are peeled. Cook in pieces for 10 minutes.
- Grind the fruit.
- Sugar is added to the mass and then simmered again for 10 minutes.
- Put ginger, cinnamon, cloves.
- Cook until thick.
- Remove the cloves.
Plum ketchup for the winter with red wine
The next recipe is significantly different from the others, plum ketchup is cooked without tomatoes, but this does not make the ketchup any less tasty.
- dried plums - 200 grams;
- red wine - 300 milliliters;
- wine vinegar - 2 teaspoons;
- ground pepper - to taste;
- figs - 40 grams.
- Fruits are poured over with wine and infused overnight.
- After boiling for 5 minutes.
- Make mashed potatoes.
- Pour vinegar and wine.
- Peppers and figs are tossed into the sauce.
- Ketchup is ready!
Tomato, apple and plum ketchup
Those who like to experiment add apples and tomatoes to ketchup with plums at the same time.
- tomatoes - 5 kilograms;
- apples (preferably sour) - 8 pieces;
- plums - half a kilogram;
- bell pepper - half a kilogram;
- sugar - 200 grams;
- salt to taste;
- vinegar - 150 milliliters;
- ground pepper - half a teaspoon;
- cinnamon and cloves - one third of a teaspoon each.
Cooking step by step according to the recipe:
- Vegetables, like fruits, are washed and cut into pieces.
- Simmer for 2 hours over low heat.
- Pass through a juicer.
- Then they boil again, after 20 minutes they throw in the spices.
- Then they simmer on the fire for another 1 hour.
- When 10 minutes remain until the end, pour vinegar.
- Ketchup is ready, you can roll it up for the winter!
Plum ketchup for the winter with basil and oregano
It is difficult to overdo it with herbs, so the more, the better. But everything has its limit and the rules of combination!
Ketchup recipe with basil and oregano:
- tomatoes - 4 kilograms;
- onions - 3-4 pieces;
- plums - 1.5 kilograms;
- oregano and basil - on a bunch;
- salt - 50 grams;
- dry chili - 10 grams;
- apple cider vinegar - 80 milliliters;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- a mixture of peppers (available at the store).
Cooking is similar to other recipes:
- All are passed through a meat grinder with chili, onions, tomatoes.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Chopped herbs and spices are poured.
- Keep on fire for 30 minutes.
- Add vinegar 10 minutes before the end of cooking.
Plum ketchup recipe for the winter with bell pepper
The combination with bell pepper is ideal for meat. And the recipe is still simple.
What you need:
- plums - 3 kilograms;
- bulgarian pepper - 10 pieces;
- garlic - 8 cloves;
- salt - 3 tablespoons;
- sugar - depending on preference;
- curry - 15 grams;
- hops-suneli - 15 grams;
- cinnamon - spoon;
- ground pepper - to taste;
- cloves - a teaspoon.
How to prepare bell pepper ketchup:
- Traditionally, plums, peppers, and garlic are passed through a meat grinder. Additionally, you can rub through a fine sieve.
- Throw in the spices and put everything on a slow fire for half an hour.
- The ketchup is ready to roll. They use sterile jars, wrap them up and put them to cool before lowering them into the cellar.
Rules and shelf life of plum ketchup
Ketchup is stored in the same way as other canned jars. There are no special storage rules.
Important! The place should be cold, dark.
Jars and lids are sure to sterilize well. To keep the sauce for a long time, use only undamaged products. And at the end of cooking, add apple cider vinegar.
Plum ketchup goes well with all dishes. The combination with fish, meat, potatoes, vegetables is especially bright.